27 total views, 1 views today
· Dr. Inderjeet Singh, Director, ICAR-CIRB, participated in the Congress and presented a lead paper on ‘India’s rich and diverse buffalo germplasm for global buffalo development’ during the opening plenary session. During the General Body meeting of the Asian Buffalo Association, Dr. Inderjeet Singh, Director ICAR-CIRB was elected President of the ABA and it was decided that the next AsianBuffalo Congress be hosted by India, preferably in Hisar. Keen interest was evinced by all delegated in India’s buffalo germplasm
· Ms. K. M. Kavya (M.V.Sc. Student) was presented ‘Young Scientist Award’ for the work by team Choudhary, K. K., Kavya, K. M., Jerome, A., Bharadwaj, A., Sharma, R. K. (2015). Resumption of post-partumcyclicity in relation to parity, body weight and bodycondition score in buffaloes under farm conditions inISSAR Conference: Current Challenges and opportunities in Animal Reproduction (December,3 –December 5 , 2015), Bengaluru.
· Dr. Hema Tripathi received ‘Best Oral Presentation Award’ during session on ‘Good Governance in private Extension’ for paper promotion of buffalo husbandry through breeder’s welfare association in Haryana: an innovative approach’ authored by Dixit, V. B., Tripathi, H., Duhan, A., and Singh, I. at the International Conference on Good Governance in Agriculture Extension (2015) jointly organized by MANAGE and Centre of Good Governance at Hyderabad.
· Dr. Selokar, N.L. name was entered in Limca Book ofRecords-2015 for producing ‘Poornima’ cloned calf of high yielding buffalo at NDRI farm.
· Paul, S.S., Dey, A., Baro, D., Jerome A., Punia, B. S.were presented ‘Best Paper Award’ for the paper ‘Ananalysis of comparative global diversity of bacteria inrumen of buffaloes and cattle’ in the XVI Biennial AnimalNutrition conference on Innovative Approaches for Animal Feeding & Nutritional Research.(February 6 -8,2016) at Karnal, Haryana.
Dr. Varij Nayan was presented ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ for the academic year 2014-15 at NDRI, Karnal in recognition of his outstanding research work in the field of Dairy Production. His Ph.D. thesis was selected from Animal Biochemistry division in Production category for Best Ph.D. thesis Award presentation competition on 01 March, 2016.
Buragohain, L., Nanda, T., Kumar, R., Ghosh, M., Gupta,S. S., Singh, I., Balhara, A. K. were presented ‘Best Paper Award’ for the paper ‘Expression profile of MX2 gene and protein for early pregnancy diagnosis in Murrah buffalo’ in the Annual Convention of SVBBI.